What is a dog ramp?
Dog ramp is designed to help the dog walk on a flat surface where there isn’t available. A ramp will go from a lower surface to a higher surface and is intended to help dog climb on an incline surface without fear of falling down. Dog ramp for car is helpful for dogs while traveling, similarly when the dog is able to walk up and down from a high bed, so the dog ramp for bed as perfect support for him. As a dog’s age increases, their joints and muscles can tire much more easily than when they were younger. This can be especially true with large breed dogs. Many senior dogs will require a ramp to help them climb into and out of a vehicle, or other higher places. A dog ramp for large dogs should be sturdy and should make the dogs feel secure when they use it.
For much of their lives, they need to jump or even get a running start to get up to these heights and doing so isn’t always easy and sometimes just not physically possible. Dog Stairs or ramp is necessity now not a luxury. So if you really care about your Dog health, you should get a perfect ramp or stairs for your dog. Finding a good ramp is an easier way for them to keep up with you is also a huge help for your life, too. The purchase of a dog ramp may be just the thing to keep your dog feeling like a puppy.
Advantages of using dog ramp
- Dog ramp for a car is a great way to increase your canine’s mobility.
- Dog car ramp makes it ideal for mature dogs or those with mobility issues.
- Humans pressure on our joints, tendons and ligaments when we take steps.
- The right dog ramp or stair can help your beloved pet from developing aches and pains.
- The purpose of quality dog ramps remains the same, ramps vary in size, material, price and construction.
- There are dog ramps specially made for getting in and out of vehicles, indoor dog ramps, folding dog ramp for bed, etc.
8 Best Ramps and Stairs for Dogs
|TOBBI 62'' Bi-fold Portable Dog Ramp for Large Pet||TOBBI 62'' Bi-fold Portable Dog Ramp for Large Pet Folding Trunk Back Seat Ladder Step Car SUV 62||Check Best Price|
|PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Dog Ramp||PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Dog Ramp - Portable Lightweight Dog and Cat Ramp - Great for Cars, Trucks and SUVs - Durable Pet Ramp||Check Best Price|
|PetSafe Happy Ride Extra Long Telescoping Dog Ramp||PetSafe Happy Ride Extra Long Telescoping Dog Ramp - Portable Pet Ramp - Great for Cars, Trucks and SUVs - Durable Aluminum Frame||Check Best Price|
|Snagle Paw Portable Dog Car Step Stairs||Snagle Paw Portable Dog Car Step Stairs, Accordion Aluminum Frame Folding Pet Ramp for Indoor Outdoor Use, Lightweight Auto Large Pet||Check Best Price|
|Pet Gear Travel Lite Ramp with supertraX Surface||Pet Gear Travel Lite Ramp with supertraX Surface for Maximum Traction, 4 Models to Choose from, 42-71 in. Long, Supports 150-200||Check Best Price|
|PetSafe Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs||PetSafe Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs, Foldable Steps for Dogs and Cats, for Small, Medium, Large, X-Large Pets||Check Best Price|
|Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs||Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs, 2 Step for Cats/Dogs up to 75-pounds, Portable, Removable Washable Carpet Tread||Check Best Price|
|Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs||Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs, 2 Step for Cats/Dogs up to 150 Pounds, Portable, Removable Washable Carpet Tread||Check Best Price|
TOBBI 62” Bi-fold Portable Dog Ramp for Large Breed
TOBBI 62” Bi-fold Portable Dog Ramp for Large Pet Folding Trunk Back Seat Ladder Step Car SUV 62″. With 10 lbs ultra light weight, it’s easy to pick up and transport; but it can hold over up to 200 lbs, provides a safe walking surface for even the largest dogs/cats.
- The ramp can folds in half for easy carrying and storage.
- High traction walking surface provides a textured surface to help prevent slips, which is perfect for older pets or pets with mobility issues.
- The rubber grippers makes the ramp steady and provides ultra safety for your pets on slippery places.
- With 10 lbs ultra light weight, it’s easy to pick up and transport; but it can hold over up to 200 lbs, provides a safe walking surface for even the largest dogs.
PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Dog Ramp
PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Dog Ramp – Portable Lightweight Dog and Cat Ramp – Great for Cars, Trucks and SUVs – Durable Pet Ramp Supports Upto 150 lb – Side Rails and High Traction Surface Design. The Folding Dog Ramp allows pets to safely get up and down with less stress on their joints (and yours). The Folding Dog Ramp is the most economical model and the lightest full-size ramp on the market!
- Continue adventures together: Use the folding ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car.
- Durable: Tough, Strong material Supports pets who weigh upto 150 pounds
- Lightweight: Weighing only 10 pounds the ramp is Easy to carry and lift in and out of the car between stops
- No slipping: High traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp
- Simple to store: Ramp easily folds in half and locks with the safety latch to let you conveniently store it in your vehicle
- Sizing: Folding ramp measures 62 in L X 16 in W X 4 in H
- U.S.-Based customer care: Let our pet Product experts help
PetSafe Happy Ride Extra Long Telescoping Dog Ramp
The PetSafe Extra Long Telescoping Pet Ramp is the Extra Large version (42% bigger) of our Deluxe Telescoping Ramp. The extra size provides a more gentle climbing angle and extra walking space to help pets reach high elevations. The aluminum and plastic design creates a perfect combination of lightweight strength and dependable durability.
- Weighs only 18 lb. but supports over 300 lb.
- Lightest & strongest pet ramp of its size available
- Easy to use and store; compact when closed
- High-traction surface gives pets sure footing
- Four rubber feet keep the ramp stable while in use
- No clumsy folding and unfolding required
- Easy to clean with mild soap or simply hose off
Snagle Paw Portable Dog Car Step Stairs
Snagle Paw Portable Dog Car Step Stairs, Accordion Aluminum Frame Folding Pet Ramp for Indoor Outdoor Use, Lightweight Auto Large Pet Ladder for Cars, Trucks,SUVs Cargo,and High Bed. accommodates the wide space between a dog’s front and back legs. allowing older, handicapped or injured dogs to climb with comfort and confidence. When not in use, they’re super-easy to store. Keep them in the trunk of your car or under the bed for quick access when your pet needs them most.
- Gentle slope，ideal for a dog’s horizontal gait.
- Wider step horizontal distance,gives dog more space walking up and down.
- The tube is made of aluminum instead of steel,lightweight but durable.
- Stable enough when entering or exiting your Car, SUV, Van, Truck, Trailer, RV Camper.
- Stair depth of at least 10″
- Wider and more stable than a ramp
- Connect the safty tether to your vehicle to keep the steps in place.
Pet Gear Travel Lite Ramp with supertraX Surface
There are many different types of ramps. The most common designs are bi-fold, tri-fold and free-standing. Ramps can also have different surface materials such as grip tape (with or without reflective markings). supertraX is being utilized in the pet industry as a removable mat that can be used on ramps and stairs where traction is a concern. One of the most important features of supertraX is that it allows for “pressure activated gripping” which means the more pressure the pet puts on the mat the stronger the grip achieved.
- SupertraX mat is soft, protecting pets’ paws and auto interiors; removable for easy cleaning
- Pressure activated grip allows for pets’ paws to easily grip into the mat, providing sure-footing
- Raised edges help prevent pet from slipping off of the side
- Built-in handle and easy fold for portability
- Light weight; only 7 pounds.Rubberized grips
PetSafe Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs
PupSTEP Plus pet stairs are an economical way to help pets reach their favorite places. Their modern styling blends well in any décor. The unique construction of these stairs supports up to 150 lb. There is no assembly required, and they fold down for easy storage. Safety side rails are built into the design so your pet can climb up and down with confidence. Perfect size for couches or beds, and non-skid feet are included. The stairs can also be used for pets needing help into vehicles.
- Helps pets reach their favorite places
- Folds down for easy storage
- Modern styling
- Built-in safety side rails
- Non-skid feet included
- No assembly required
- Cleans easily with mild detergent
- Super lightweight at only 5 lb.
Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs
Help maintain and protect your pet’s joint health with Easy Step Pet Stairs. The innovative incline of each step reduces the amount of stairs needed to climb eliminating stress on your pet. Pets that constantly jump off sofas, beds, and other furniture can place unnecessary strain on the joints which could potentially lead to arthritis. As with any steps some dogs may need training.
- Wider and deeper stair landing for small and large dogs
- Carpet tread removes easily and is machine washable
- Rubber grippers on bottom keep step secure and in place
- Snaps together very easily. Weight Limit: 200 lbs
- Step Height: 5″, Dimensions: 17″L x 14″W x 13″H.Top Step Depth:12.25 inches
- Please scroll below and read “From the Manufacturer” for more exciting features
Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs
The Pet Gear Easy Step Pet Stair has wide, deep steps to give smaller dogs the ability to get their entire body on each platform and large dogs the ability to comfortably climb the stairs. The innovative incline of each step reduces the amount of stairs needed to climb, eliminating stress on your pet. The carpet tread is easily removable and machine washable. Easily snaps together – no tools required!
- Wider and deeper stair landings for small and large dogs; rubber grippers on bottom keep step secure and in place
- Carpet tread is removable for easy cleaning. Step height- 6 inch. Top step depth- 12.25 inch. 2nd step depth- 11.5 inch
- Snaps together very easily, no tools required
- Measures 22 x 16 x 16-inches; for pets up to 150-pounds
- Please scroll below and read “From the Manufacturer” for more exciting features
What should be the Perfect dog ramp Angle?
Here are some important points for the ramp angle. Ramp width should be about 11-12 inches for toy and small dogs, and 22-24 inches for medium size breeds. Rise of the ramp should allow an angle of incline at roughly 18 to 25 degrees. A toy or small dog will need 18-20 degrees and a medium-size dog 22-25 degrees.
To build a dog ramp, start by measuring how long and high you want the ramp to be. Then, cut 2 pine boards and 1 piece of plywood to the length the ramp needs to be, making the plywood at least 12 inches wide so it’s big enough for your dog.
Outdoor Dog Ramp
This is an important distinction because the primary location of your dog’s ramp will largely determine the best dog ramps for your particular needs. Outdoor dog ramps, such as those designed as a dog ramp for car or dog ramp for SUVs, are mainly made of heavy-duty materials. Many models have folding dog ramp options. Indoor ramps run the gamut from stair step models to adjustable ramp versions, with either a fabric or carpeted base.
Indoor Dog Ramp
An indoor dog ramp for a couch or even a ramp for high bed households usually has soft, cushy padding underfoot. They’re designed to fit in with modern household decors. We think that any of these dog ramps specially designed for indoor use will meet your pup’s needs. This handsome and stylish wood-sided bedside ramp measures 70 inches long x 16 inches wide x 25 inches high.
Unlike most outdoor dog ramps, indoor dog ramps place a premium on a pleasing, cosmetic appearance. While outdoor dog ramps are designed with toughness in mind, most indoor doggies ramp manufacturers strive to offer a ramp that is both an attractive and sturdy addition to any room in your home. Alternatively, outdoor dog ramps place a premium on toughness and sturdy durability, having to withstand gravel, concrete and possibly harsh weather conditions.